Nigeria international Etim Matthew has officially been unveiled as an Akwa United player.
The 28-year-old defender penned a two-year deal with the Uyo club from Enugu Rangers before being presented to the media at the Nest of Champions.
The Promise Keepers also introduced Kelly Kester, Ajibola Otegbeye and Victor Mbaoma during Saturday’s ceremony.
Kester — one of nine signings from other NPFL clubs — joins from Enyimba on a one-year deal, Otegbeye signs from Sunshine Stars, while Mbaoma moves to Maikaba’s side from relegated Remo Stars.
Two players from sister club Akwa Starlets, Aniekeme Asuquo and Emmanuel Charles; GBS Academy product, Yenne Tenton, who impressed during the Super 6 tournament in December; winger Adesina Gata, as well as one centre-back Denis Nya were also unveiled.
Akwa United new signings:
1. Ubong Essien ( Soccer Academy) Defensive Midfielder
2 .Emmanuel Charles ( Akwa Starlets) – Defensive Midfielder
3. Daniel Ekpo ( Rivers United) – Winger
4. Etboy Akpan ( NK Rudar, Slovenia) – Winger
5. Kenneth James ( El-kanemi Warriors) – Striker
6. Aminu Nuhu ( Adamawa United) – Attacking Midfielder
7.Aniekeme Asuquo ( Akwa Starlets) – Attacking Midfielder
8. Katoh Haggai ( GBS Academy, Jos) – Attacking Midfielder
9. Gabriel Wassa ( Rivers United) – Left full back
10. Yenne Tenton ( GBS Academy, Jos) – Winger
11. Kelly Kester (Enyimba) – Defensive midfielder
12.Victor Mbaoma ( Remo Stars) – Striker
13. Ajibola Otegbeye ( Sunshine Stars)
14. Adeshina Gata (ABS) – Winger
15. Denis Nya ( Lobi Stars) – Central Defender
16. Etim Mathew ( Rangers) – Right full back